Thursday, November 13, 2008

In the beginning.....there was art.







Copyright © 2008-2009
Barbara Lemley
"Lady in Waiting"
11 x 14 original
painting on canvas


priced at 450.00




SOLD:
Now residing in
Markt Inderdorf Germany











12 x 14




Acrylics





"AND SHE WAITS"


In the beginning............ She started out as practice art. Nothing Id really show anyone. I was experimenting with rice papers and glue. I was trying out a new texture style. I glued on some rice paper, painted over it and drizzled some contact glue over the top. Well, the paper kind of warped, the paint splotched and the glue did not smooth out like I hoped.


One big mess. BUT, a funny thing happened when it started drying.

It turned out to be an award winning piece and my most favorite. Ive been asked to make a series of "And She Waits". But Im not real sure I can make a follow up. It would have to be a series of mistakes. As, In the beginning.

No comments: